Sunday 21 September 2008

What is this blog about?

TV. TV. Some more TV. Probably some films. Books, occasionally.

I created this initally to blog about Strictly Come Dancing. Occasionally I will have some thoughts about other TV. I am a big sci-fi, and generally am hugely disappointed by current tv. I love Babylon 5, The X-Files, Star Trek of various incarnations, Farscape,

I also have found myself become a bit obsessed with other reality tv, such as Project Runway/Catwalk, Masterchef, Come Dine With Me. Actually, my love of cookery programs goes back a while. I also kept up with the past seasons of the America's So You Think You Can Dance, which I might talk about sometimes.

I love reading but am much less likely to have solid opinions about books.


A bit about me?

I'm gay, so quite a bit of this blog will be about how beautiful women on TV are sometimes. There may also be some enthusing about how Arelene and Erin (and other seeminly random couples) have True-Completely-Made-Up-Gay-Love for each other. Obviously these opinions are my own and bear no reflection of, well, reality, least of all the sexuality/activities of the people involved. It is done with complete affection and a great deal of respect for all involved. (And a fair amount of wishful thinking!) Until TV gets over the insistance of male/female dance couples and lets some male/male and female/female dancing happen, expect it to continue.

I've made it sound like being gay is my defining feature. Which it's not. But it does greatly influence how I view TV.

Other things about me: I have had some ballroom and latin lessons, so I am occasionally able to judge the dancing with authority, especially in the early weeks. This doesn't mean I'm right, merely that I recognised that step, omg! I can totally have an opinion! etc.

I can't think of anything else that mmight be important. Work, family etc won't really be mentioned here. Because it's dull.

No comments: